Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

I confess...

It's true! I have been wanting to blog for a while now. I know it's crazy & I shouldn't add one more thing to my plate. It's like I have this need to express to the entire world just exactly what it means to have four kids 5 and under. However, there are times that I forget what that means, actually... what it means to live my life!

Some days I wake up and have all these great plans, and then I roll over to find my 2 year old has peed in my bed! Really?! So much for that great start!
Or today, for example, I had all these amazing plans. We were going to a play-date, followed by picking up our oldest from half day Kindergarten, then lunch, errands, working on a couple projects, and our usual Friday evening of pizza, popcorn & a movie! Well, by 8:30, the play-date was cancelled & the baby was crying. This was the start to our day.

Yet, despite the unplanned start, it is turning out to be a really great day! In fact, this is pretty much how we ended up this way not even 5 years ago: with an unplanned start!
You see, believe it or not... not every 19 year old is planning on starting a family! I had different plans. They included Michael for sure, but not necessarily children. I actually didn't like kids at all- except for a few random children I knew. However, here we are now with 4 kids... ages 5, 4, 2, 8 months... WOW!

It sure is a great life, though. I mean, don't get me wrong- I despise the mess, the smells & the exhaustion  of "mommyhood". (In addition, I do not like the name "mother", it sounds entirely too old!) Despite all that, in this mommy-lifestyle that I lead, the pros DEFINITELY out-weigh the cons by a million to one! You see, that moment when I realized that he had peed in my bed... the next second he looked at me, whispered "Good morning mommy!" and kissed my head, just like I do to him. It didn't matter that I would later be stripping the bed and bathing everyone, and it certainly didn't matter this morning that by 8:30 my day's plans had changed. Alas, this is the life I lead: one of poop diapers, play dough in my carpet & hiding vegetables in my kids food! I love ALMOST every minute of it!

And now... may the blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment