Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Wheels Of Change Are In Motion

We've been homeschooling our kids for four years. I thought it would only be one. I was having my 5th baby & figured we should take some time to adjust. So the plan was to homeschool that year, have a baby in December, get ourselves together & go back to private school the following year. 

Then something happened. I fell in love with homeschooling. The planning, the freedom, the free-range possibilities... not to mention, the amazing feeling of knowing that I taught my child to read. Never mind the fact that she was already teaching herself. Haha! I took all the credit & it felt great!!

Well, now we're another baby, an Autism diagnosis & 2 businesses down the road. It's not as angelic as it used to be. I've found what my limits are as a teacher, a mother, a business woman. I have come to this place where I know what is necessary. I know it cannot continue the way it has been. We survived last year, but barely. When we looked down the road, at all we have coming ahead this next year, Michael & I just did not have peace. 

So, after 4 years of our motto being "one year at a time", we are finally doing it. We registered 3 of our school aged kids for public school. I will have only 3 at home each day. My only homeschooler will be Elias. I'll do preschool here & there with Ezrah. But this means that all these huge goals we have this year for our businesses will have more of my attention. This means saving money on expensive curriculum. This means more of my devotion for my struggling reader. This means time with my 3 boys who need their mommy. 

This also means homework, dinner before 7:00, going to bed on time, finding time to connect with my school kids & the dreaded morning routine that I am just not very good at. 

This means a lot of things, but most of them will be very good. It will be an adjustment. I have to let go of control and trust how I'm raising my kids. That's the hardest part I think. So I'm nervous and excited all at the same time! It feels right even though it also feels challenging. I think most changes like this do. 

So this is it...
Public school here we come...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! .I appreciate your hard work. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some use full information.
    echobeat review
    chargeboost reviews
    liporing
    doc socks
    livewave antenna cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi nice and very informative Article. Thank you for sharing. I have also share some usefull information on other plaforms.
    cricket world cup live streeming
    cwc math live streeming free

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, author really appreciate all the advice and information on your post.


    Feel Free to check out my technology blog best product reviews

    ReplyDelete