Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

A new year... now what?!

2011. It's here & I feel like I just got used to writing 2010! This year has just FLOWN BY! A year ago, I was pregnant, homeschooling my 3 and 4 year olds, living in a very cramped house with my family, & had just sent my husband BACK to school... and I thought I was busy. HA! I wish I had that much time now. 

With a new year comes a fresh start. That is something I am always up for! When I was thinking about New Year's Resolutions, the usual came to mind... eat better, lose weight, read my Bible more. But considering how much happened in 2010 & how much life has changed for us, I have really begun to realize how important those "usual" resolutions are. So, in honor of my kids, who need their mom to be as healthy as possible (both physically AND spiritually), I am trying my hardest to keep those "normal" resolutions. 

2011 here I come... 
eating healthier
cutting back on soda
reading my Bible more
spending more time with my husband
trying to work out several times a week
sleeping more
being more patient

I probably won't do every single thing... every single week... BUT the cool thing is that my husband, my kids & more importantly, GOD are not interested in my complete success. My kids don't care if I work out 5 times a week, instead of the one time it happens... they just need a mom who doesn't groan every time I pick them up because my back hurts. My husband doesn't care if we have this fabulous, romantic night...   he just wants time with his wife. And God doesn't care if I spend an hour a day reading my Bible or the 15 minutes that I have before I wake the kids up. He doesn't care if I look like I did 6 years ago before I had kids. He doesn't mind that I didn't take my pajamas off yesterday until my mother-in-law called to say she was on her way over. God just wants me to spend time with him each day. He wants me to depend on him, rather than that Dr. Pepper. He wants me to know HIS voice and HIS words more than I know anyone else's. 

So, in 2011, I may not lose those last 5 "baby pounds". I might not completely give up soda. And, I know this is shocking, but I will probably still lose my patience this year. HA! But the whole point is not all the times that I will fail... it's about how many MORE TIMES I can have success. How many more times will I wake up 15 minutes earlier to read my Bible this year than I did last year. How many more times will I work out this year than I did last year? If it's even ONE MORE TIME, then I have succeeded. Just one more day that I choose to go to bed, instead of stay up all night, which then results in me losing my patience & having an extra soda the next day... 

As a mom, these are not easy resolutions to make. They are probably impossible, but that is why they are so vague. HAha! We will see what happens, but for now... I am resolving to try my hardest!

No comments:

Post a Comment