Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

This is CRAZY

I haven't posted in a while... possibly because of the circus that is my life! I'm not saying that it's terrible. A circus is LOTS of fun, but sometimes the bearded lady & the guy who swallows fire are just a little over the top. Know what I mean? Every once in a while, I would kind of like to calm the freak show & have a normal day. Haha... oh wait... this IS normal! :)

I have had an eventful few months. I thought turning 25 was going to be more than I could handle. Little did I know that the week before this "milestone" I would get pregnant (again), that the night after my birthday my parents' house would catch on fire, that my little dog would no longer be a part of our life, or that I would be taken on this CRAZY journey over the next 6 months. SURPRISE! God likes to keep me on my toes, that's for sure.

My resolutions went out the door. Along with them went my ideas, plans & desires for what I thought would be a settling down for our family this year. Oh well. Here we are! My parents are now living with US, rather than the opposite for those 2 1/2 years. We just found out that baby #5 is indeed coming in December... and he is a boy. I have found myself trying to organize every inch of our house because "maybe if I organize it, things will calm down".

Here is what I have learned. I have 4 (soon to be 5) CHILDREN, not 4 organizational problems. I cannot sort & stash my CHILDREN. I can train them. I can teach them. I can guide them. The behavior issues are solving themselves as I have learned to lead their HEARTS more every day. Their actions are reflecting what my husband & I are praying.

I CAN, however organize my own priorities. What's most important? Making hairbows to make $5 a piece on... or making a necklace out of cheerios with my toddlers? Working in an office for 5 hours a week (which always turns to more)... or actually getting the dishes done so that the time I spend with my kids is truly spent WITH them. My house isn't fabulous & perfect. I'll admit it! I don't live in a Pottery Barn catalog (sigh!). But I am so much more satisfied with the fact that there are construction paper crafts covering my fridge. There are tiny handprints on my back window. There is a special signature in permanent ink on the closet door. AND, above all else, there is more love & laughter than we know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment