Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Best Summer Ever


Tomorrow it will be 1 month since our "summer" officially began. I've been thinking lots about how fun summer should be for a kid. I remember how fun it was when I was a kid. 

My mom always kept us super busy with fun stuff:
Library Day, Pool Day, Movie Night... 
and the rest of the time was spent at camp, outside riding bikes, playing baseball & softball, eating Popsicles, running through the sprinkler...
Summer was the best!
I didn't sit inside on an iPad, or watching Netflix. Haha! They didn't exist! 

After reading this a few weeks ago, I became even more committed to making the most of our summer. 

Childhood only last for a short time! I don't want my children to miss out on the things I remember so fondly!
I'm determined to teach my kids how to do normal childhood things like jump rope, play hopscotch, and skip rocks. I'm sure we will still watch tv shows & play Angry Birds, but the point is that we are consciously making a decision regarding the intent of our free time! 

So I sat down with my kiddos, and we started writing down all the things we wanted to do before school starts in September. They don't know what a "bucket list" is really, so they think it's like a sand bucket. But regardless, here's what we put together:



We also all worked together to make a list of the Top 5 things we wanted to work on this summer: learning to tie shoes, organizing the Legos, no more potty accidents, etc.

We've already checked a bunch of things off our list after only a couple weeks! I can't wait to look back & call this the Best Summer Ever!

What about you all? Do you have a summer list? Share your favorite summer activities & get the conversation going!

No comments:

Post a Comment