Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Waiting... simplifying... crafting...

I'm 39 weeks & haven't had our little guy yet. Somedays I think THIS will be the day... & then by that evening I'm saying it will be another 2 weeks! So, we are becoming very patient & trying to keep things in order so that if today is truly the day that I don't feel like we are drowning in laundry & dishes!

However, I have learned that in order to keep my house in decent shape, I have to keep my children very VERY busy! The problem is that it had to become a simplified busy-ness!

We went throughout the house one day, gathering toys that hadn't been played with in over a month. We got rid of the old stuff! Then we organized the favorite sets like trains, little people & pretend food, which only get used on more of a weekly or bi-weekly basis. So, those stay in the garage to be gotten out by an adult ONLY IF all other toys are put away. The items that are played with daily are separated between "BOYS"- "GIRLS"- "shared". Boy toys go in the boy's room, girl toys go in the girl's room, & shared toys like blocks, books, puzzles go on our toy shelves in the family room!

It might seem simple, but when there are so many young children, toys can become a real problem! This new system has been AMAZING for our kids, since it's easy to pick up, & even BETTER for me, since I'm not finding all this crap all over my house! :)

Now that half of our day isn't taken up with clean-up time, we've been able to do some really fun stuff! Crafty stuff!!!

We've decorated for Christmas, made cookies, Christmas paper chains, foam gingerbread men decorated in candy, painted sun-catchers, sewn blankets for the baby, and not to mention I've totally wrapped all their Christmas presents! This week my kids have their sights set on painting clear ornaments, sewing ribbon on the baby's burp cloths, & making hand-print trees.

I love it that I'm not stressed over the monotonous daily stuff. It helps that it's for the baby, not just another task I HAVE to do. So, as we wait for our precious boy to arrive, we are crafting our way to delivery day & definitely loving every minute of extra mommy time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment