Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Birthday Parties

I've gotten lots of questions lately about why I do such extravagant parties for my kids. Especially now that there are 5, it gets harder ever year to pull off birthday WEEK! But it's SO important to me!

Every year my children get another year older, it's another year I've been blessed by their life. So many babies' destinies are stolen from them through abortion before they've even had a chance to live. I see my kids' birthdays as another chance to BLESS them, celebrate their LIFE, & get excited for their DESTINY!

Also, we have 5 children. Let me tell ya, it's hard work to make sure everyone gets special one-on-one time each week. Their birthday is my way of telling them "the day you were born is as important to me as if you were the only one"! They pick meals, they pick activities, and they help plan every part of that party. It is a celebration of that child.

So, it might seem excessive to some, but it's a necessity to me. Its not about my party planning skills or showing off to other parents. It is truly about my kids. Now, I'm not gonna lie... I do have a pretty good time doing it! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment