Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Good News!


I discovered good news today!!

We started homeschooling this school year... we also had a baby this school year. Needless to say, between new baby adjustments and 1st year homeschooling adjustments, we got a little behind.

My amazing 5 year old is the "workbook queen", as I call her. She finished Kindergarten today. My 6 year old is right on track, but a little more of a perfectionist. He takes double the time because it has to be PERFECT!

I was POSITIVE he & I would be going into summer & maybe fall trying to wrap up 1st grade! It feels like we keep getting so off track! Thats where the good news comes in...

I decided (thanks for the encouragement, mom) to go through all his lessons, take out the unnecessary "busy work", and see what we REALLY had left. So...

If I do school 3 days a week, which let's face it- that's realistic, he only has 6 weeks to do this summer after we get back from vacation. PRAISE GOD! I thought we were gonna be into September or October!

Don't you just LOVE a good surprise like that every once in a while?!

No comments:

Post a Comment