Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

New Every Morning


“Mommy, why do we have to go to sleep at night,” my almost 3 year old asks me. My first response was about rest. Even God rested after her worked hard & created the world. We were created to need sleep. Later that night though, I was thinking about it.

God’s whole plan is about GRACE! He always gives us more grace! You know what I think? I think God gives days and nights so that we can START OVER! Today might have been really terrible, but…

Lamentations 3:22-24
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; They are NEW EVERY MORNING; Great is Your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion, says my soul, therefore I will hope in Him.

It’s new every morning! What an amazing blessing! Each day we go to sleep at night, carrying the weight of all our decisions from the day. BUT WHEN WE WAKE UP there’s more grace! We get to start fresh, all over again!

Whether I yelled at my kids, or spent too much money on something, or burnt the dinner, or didn’t get all our school done today… I still get to start fresh!
Seriously, I can't even begin to express what a relief this is!

No comments:

Post a Comment