Pages

Monday, December 29, 2014

Baby Steps & A CHALLENGE





Today we begin our Baby Steps series. 

When friends and family come to me asking about how our family does things, I'm always so honored. Honestly, we are still learning. Everyday. I'm not doing all that I can or want to yet. I'm on a journey just like all of you are. I am constantly reevaluating and readjusting, adding in new things when I'm ready to. 

I know what I did with our family when we began our journey, but I also got input from my own crunchy friends. I recently polled a natural moms group I am a part of to ask them what areas they started on when they began their "road to natural living". 

The main areas that these mamas mentioned were 


  • Natural household & cleaning products
  • Healthy eating, removing processed foods
  • Eliminating toxins 
  • Adding healthy supplements
  • Focusing on wellness and boosting our immune systems naturally
  • Using natural remedies and essential oils instead of medications 
  • Exercise and chiropractic
(Thank you to my Natural Mamas for all your help!)

The word natural... Or crunchy... Or granola... Do these make you nervous? They shouldn't. Becoming more natural doesn't mean you have to start wearing long skirts, live in a commune, or quit drinking coffee. Thank God! 

Here's what the definition is:

nat·u·ral
ˈnaCH(ə)rəl/
adjective
  1. 1
    existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind.

I think we all could return to things not made by man. Every little thing makes a difference. It's never too early. It's never too late. No matter what thing you choose to change, you're doing something positive. It might not be easy. It might take some getting used to. In the long run its so very worth it though. 

We also have to remember though, that often these things are linked. We don't always see a huge difference right away. It's like a tripod... 

Imagine a tripod an inch from the ground. It won't work very well! You don't get the optimum performance if it's so short! You'll get a great view of the grass, some bugs and maybe a flower or two, but imagine what would change if the tripod were taller. It's like every good choice we make gives that tripod more height. Every wise choice we make, give us better "performance" in our bodies, in our minds, and in our emotions. But what if we are only doing 1 thing and never grow more than that... then one leg of the tripod will grow taller, while the others remain an inch tall. If one leg is shorter or longer than the others, we don't always see the desired results. 

It's all about balance.

I have broken it down into 4 main categories:
1. Household Products
2. Personal Products
3. Wellness, Sickness & Medications
4. Food 

Now, originally I had planned on this being a week-long series. However, as I began to research and develop the outline for this series, I realized that this was much bigger than just a week. This was going to take a week for each category! So... 

In the next 4 weeks we are going to learn about how to take baby steps. You might be starting from the beginning or you might be a pro... BUT we all have something we can do to grow. None of us are perfect.

As you begin to make your New Year's Resolutions in January, you can follow along and join the rest of us as we make a commitment to natural living. In fact, we are going to do just that! 

Sometimes we need more than just information. 
We need a challenge. We need other people doing it with us! 

If you want to take the Baby Steps Challenge, comment below & let us know what area you're looking to grow in. Then make sure you FOLLOW this blog & check your email to confirm your email subscription from Feed Burner. If you want to take it the next step, you can follow us on Facebook... https://www.facebook.com/EverydayIsLaundryDay

I'm looking forward to growing with you all. I can't wait to share with you, learning more natural, healthy ways to live. 

See you all tomorrow as we dive in to HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS! It's gonna be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment