Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

What is a good mommy?

Yesterday I was changing the baby for what seemed like the 100th time. Next to me, my 2 year old was "changing" her baby doll, Paisley (is that not THE cutest name?! Lol. If only we did P names...). After she was finished, she lifted her shirt to feed baby Paisley.

I asked what she was doing & she says... "I'm nursing my baby 'pays-wee". I told her that was very nice of her. Then my sweet girl says, "yep! Good mommies feed their babies!"

No joke! Lol. So, then I started it. All the kids were in the family room playing, and I ask "what else does a good mommy do?"

These are the 5 things that a "good mommy" does according to my 5 kids:

1. Nurse their babies a lot & usually at dinner time (haaaha!!!)

2. Sing songs (especially at bedtime)

3. Hold their babies

4. Lay with kids at night

5. Play w their kids

I love the simplicity of it all! This is what stands out to my kids.

Now of course they don't understand adult things like moms who physically cannot breast feed, or maybe a parent who works nights & cannot be there at bedtime, but it's what is at the heart that is so precious. What do they want? Comfort, love, attention...

All you need is love, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment