Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Every Once In A While I'm a Genius...

Once upon a time, I had lots of free time to think. Clearly this was when I only had a couple of little ones. In fact, once we had #3 free time was long gone.

When I use to have a spare moment, I would come up with brilliant ideas for decorating, organizing & things like that. Pinterest didn't exist. I was my own Pinterest. Well, now things are different. Now I don't have time for thinking. I barely have time for Pinterest. Especially since the baby is starting to nurse less during the day. I really only get to sit & nurse (therefore getting to think for 15 minutes) twice during the day anymore. He still nurses twice in the evening/bedtime hours & at night a couple times. We aren't planning on weaning anytime soon.

But this isn't a post about extended breastfeeding! Haha! I promise!

This is a celebratory post, today! This last week, I had a GENIUS IDEA! We have a real problem with mail at our house. There isn't a good "office" space in our downstairs, so our kitchen becomes the main hub where bills, calendars, keys, school, coupons, etc all reside.

Mail wasn't getting sorted. Bills were getting lost. As a result, they were not getting paid on time. Bad news...

One day, however, it hit me as I was making breakfast. "These oatmeal containers would fit envelopes really well." Wait... Mail comes in envelopes! BRILLIANT!

I went to my "trash collecting" area in the garage. I have every container we've ever purchased food in. There are egg cartons, yogurt cups, paper towel rolls, Happy Baby puffs containers, and much, much more. There are also approximately 20 oatmeal containers. I keep this stuff for crafts, and I'm so glad I did.

Here's the finished product. I hung them with 3m strips. It's still in need of labels & if I could do it again I would cover the outsides of the cans with some sort of paper. In fact, I might re-do it that way in the future. But for now, the piles of mail are under control, and I'm a happy momma. Not only did I have this marvelous idea, but I FINISHED IT! Now that's saying something.

1 comment: