Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Top Ten

Today is my first Friday Top Ten!!(applause!) Ha!

Every Friday, I'll re-cap this crazy life of mine with my top ten moments from that week. I'm not sure whether I'm going to love this or completely despise it! Ha! Sometimes I don't like to be reminded of my week, if you mommas know what I mean! :)

Despite my bad weeks though, I feel like the goal of this is to dwell on the positive. To help me see the great things that happened, whether there were 10 or only 2... it's so helpful to remember those special moments with my kids to kind of wash over the exhaustion & frustrations of my week.

Soooo... Here we go!

1. Packing for a vacation is EXHAUSTING, but secretly I love getting to use my organizational super powers for good & not evil (aka, my husband's never-ending list of things I need him to build-lol)

2. I got to take Eliza to get a pedicure at this sweet little place where they have little girl sized chairs with Hello Kitty on them. Precious!! She is always so relaxed & just adores picking out her color (usually purple with sparkles) & asking for flowers or jewels on them. She loves it! And I love doing it with her. <3

3. I got to go see a movie with my husband. It was research for our super-hero themed family Bible study we are doing over vacation. (yes, we saw Avengers) It was a really good excuse for a date, not to mention I grew up watching Marvel cartoons with my brothers so I was pretty into it.

4. Michael taught Eli how to growl & snarl like a lion. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen him do. He pounces off the upside down laundry hampers & onto his imaginary prey on the ground. Hahaha! I'm laughing just thinking about it!

5. Ester & I got haircuts. We feel new & refreshed. Wow! I've had a pretty pampered week... pedis AND a haircut?! Vacation rocks.

6. This week my husband & I made the decision to apply for the Bradley Childbirth instructor certification. I feel like this is SO RIGHT! I cannot wait to gain a wealth of knowledge on pregnancy, childbirth & breast feeding. It's my passion... & now I can get to use it! :)

7. I bought a pair of hot pink shorts. Enough said.

8. As we were driving this week, Eliza saw a man jogging on the side walk. Before he crossed the street, he stopped for cars. She said "oh look mommy, that man knows the Lord!" When I asked her how she knew, she said "because he stopped for cars & people that don't love Jesus would have just run into the street!! I'm so glad Jesus is in MY heart!" LOL! Oh the ideas that 5 year olds have.

9. So, this happened last Friday, but still funny enough to share. I got a coffee one day & lost it. Haha- seriously. I set it down as I was doing stuff all over the house & then realized it was missing! It took me a couple hours to find it. I had set it down on a pantry shelf. Oy vey!

10. Our buddy system changed this week. It used to be boys & girls, but Miss Ester changed her mind. She decided "I not want to be Efton or Ewiza's buddy! I am MOMMY's BUDDY!!" I feel so loved. :)

I hope you all had a blessed week. If not, remember that you get a do-over... it's called next week!

Next week's Friday Top Ten will be from vacation... should be good! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! So glad you take the time to blog about your life because I love reading it! :)

    --Danielle

    ReplyDelete