Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cupcake Party

I LOVE my kids birthdays! I have so much fun with their parties!!

When my oldest daughter turned one, I was definitely tempted to do a princess theme, considering she's our princess. :) But I wanted to try something different...
So we had a cupcake theme!

Invitations looked like a cupcake cut-out. The info, "our little cupcake is turning one. Come join us for all the fun", was written in pink on the "icing" part. The bottom was purple paper that I accordion folded to look like the wrapper of a cupcake. Adorable!!

I then made giant posterboard cupcakes to hang up everywhere. I covered the tops with cotton balls.

Of course, everything was purple & pink. On purple tables, we made these cute centerpieces... in little plastic flower pots we put a half of a foam ball. Then we used pink Hershey kisses & tissue paper squares to stick in it with toothpicks. So, it would go: toothpick, square, kiss... stacked on top of each other. The finished product looked like a cupcake.

As you can assume we did make your own cupcakes & it was a big hit with all her little cousins! Such fun!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment