Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Vacation Top 10

Well, I'm a day late... but better late than never.

We are home from vacation & as much as I love the beach, I am SO GLAD to be home! We had a great drive down, a relaxing time there, & a speedy trip home! So, in honor of a successful vacation, here are my top 10 moments of our vacation:

1. The REMARKABLE drive down to Florida!
Our children were AMAZING! I will be revealing my road trip secrets in a future blog post, but all you should know is that not once did I need to raise my voice, threaten to "pull this car over", or need earplugs. haha! It was miraculous, I tell you!

2. My 4 year old's face when he first saw the ocean. :D

3. My 2 year old's face when she first put her bare toes in wet sand. :(

4. My 5 months old's face as he is enjoying the sand between his toes & the cold ocean water washed up to his legs. I've never seen an expression change so quick! Haha! Priceless.

5. I loved how the kids really didn't fight on vacation. They were all having so much fun & getting so much rest... there were very few time outs!

6. We didn't eat out at all. Normally I would hate that, but it just made our trip so much more relaxing! We just made dinner in our condo & hung out together. So, it was cheaper AND we were really able to enjoy one another's company.

7. How FREE my 4 year old was. He has some ADD tendencies & really struggles with anxiety... AT HOME, but apparently not on vacation! It was just amazing to see him so carefree. He didn't scream. He didn't hit the other kids. He didn't freak out. I told my husband, it makes me want to MOVE to Florida to see my child so happy!

8. The excitement every night when we picked who would get to lay with the 2 year old. We kept her in the same bed/room each night & rotated big kids. She thought it was THE most wonderful thing!

9. Teaching the kids how to play UNO one night. They cried, they cheered, they laughed with glee when they yelled out UNO! , they mocked daddy when he drew 10 cards to get a blue... there were so many emotions (in particular from the 5 & 6 year olds, lol), but definitely such a fun night!



10. Watching my husband get buried in the sand by our 4 kids. He kept getting sand flung in his face (he eventually had to put his hat over his eyes). They thought it was just hilarious. So did I! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment