Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

PRETTY COLORS!

I thought I'd share my secret to keeping my kids (& their stuff) straight! COLOR-CODING has saved my life.

Each family member (me & daddy included) has a color. We have our color in everything...
CUPS
PLATES
JACKETS
HATS & GLOVES
SCHOOL SUPPLIES
BAGS
TOWELS
TOOTHBRUSHES
LAUNDRY HAMPERS
SOCKS
(sometimes even clothing or other things)

I am even able to color-code the columns on our "Today I Ate A Rainbow" charts & our daily schedules.

It might sound like over-kill, but when I see a blue towel on the floor... I know whose it is (& who needs a little more training)! When ladybug can't find her jacket, we know we're looking for pink! It REALLY helps the smaller children. They see "their color" everywhere & feel a responsibility for it!

...I see "their colors" everywhere & want to buy each one! Haha! Anytime I see things with color options in {green, purple, blue, pink ,orange} I have to have it! ;)

What things help you mommas? Do you have any tricks that help you keep track of things??

No comments:

Post a Comment