Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Top Ten List... BACK TO SCHOOL

Top Ten
BACK TO SCHOOL edition

We started back to school last Tuesday. I really liked having a real summer "break" & then making a big deal out of the FIRST DAY back to school! My oldest really needs that. So, here are the top ten things I LOVE about going back to school...

10. First Day of School Pictures
Usually I make them all stand outside or doing something cute... this year we did a chalkboard. I wrote their grade & what they want to be when they grow up.

9. My 4 year olds answer to "what do you want to be when you grow up?"... a cheetah. Or a lion. He just couldn't decide & no matter what his big brother said about how "humans cannot become animals", he was still convinced of this as an actual possibility! :)

8. New school supplies. You know on the movie "You've Got Mail" when Meg Ryan's character talks about her love for fall & receiving "a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils"? Well, I have a similar love. Sharpened pencils, notebooks, crayons, glue sticks, OH MY! I can't get enough! And mom, I'm really sorry but... I still sorta want a new backpack every year.

7. Classroom rules. Basically these are normal, household rules with a large family. I add on "raise your hand". Trust me, when our lessons get interesting, there are more comments & questions than I can handle. Hand raising is a must, even if you do go to school in your kitchen!

6. Our new curriculum!!!! I am in love with SONLIGHT! My little readers can't get enough of this literature based curriculum. No more workbooks. No more busy work. Real history & Bible lessons. And the best part? Instructor Guides all ready done for me!!!! Again I say... I'm in love!

5. Memory verses. It takes me back to my days in Christian Elementary School. I still know most of those verses by heart! :)

4. Using "school" as a reason for my oldest to finish filling out thank you notes... handwriting assignment!

3. My children are exhausted every night now! Brain exercise is amazing...

2. Crockpot meals are saving my life!

{check out my original post of freezer/crockpot meals here: http://www.laundryeveryday.blogspot.com/2012/08/freezer-meals.html?m=1

1. I really do enjoy teaching my little ones things about History, Bible, Language (my fav) & Science... Math not so much, but that's why we have daddy, right?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment