Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Pantry dreams...


I go though these cycles of being really happy with all that we have, then feeling like we are WAY too big of a family to live in this tiny house (which means I want to move asap).

Before we bought our house, we lived with my parents… for 2 ½ years! It was supposed to only be 6 months to a year, but you know how things go. By the time we saved enough money, found the house we wanted, found out it flooded every year, ended our contract, then found the REAL house we wanted & bought it… 2 ½ years. So, I understand what a huge blessings our home is. However, I had NO idea that we would have five children in this home. I had NO idea what a problem it would be to not have a pantry! I had NO idea how small this house would feel or 
how un-fit it would be for a large family.

One day last week I made a list of all the things I would *like* to have in our next home. 
Things like...

 a mud room


 more bathrooms, bigger bedrooms, a basement 

a room for school



an area for my crafting & sewing



How about a PANTRY???
The list could go on & on… It seems so impossible! It feels like this will never happen, until I’m reminded of this verse:
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart

God knows what’s in my heart for my family. He knows my desire for us to be happy, healthy, & in a home that suits our needs. These things aren't NEEDS for us to SURVIVE, but they certainly would make life with many children easier! I just have to keep on seeking HIM. I just have to keep on trusting HIM for our family’s provision. God is our provider & he knows exactly what we need!

In the meantime, I really enjoy looking at houses online, in magazines & of course on pinterest.  It never hurts to be prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment