Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Thank goodness for GRACE


Ever have a day where you wake up & feel defeated already? Like Monday just kicked your booty? I slept through the alarm, which means I didn’t get to work out OR have my quiet time before the kids got up. I forgot to go to the store last night so we don’t have eggs or milk for breakfast. I fell asleep before putting the diapers in the dryer. I was cranky with my kids before we even had breakfast, so now everyone is cranky.

Sometimes I wake up positive, but by the time we get to the end of the day I have been reminded of every single one of my faults. The words “mommy fail” have been mentioned way too much. Actually my daughter went through a stage when she was 5, where she would burst into tears every night as she told me all the things “I said I would do”, but never did (get her juice, do a craft, help her with something, etc). EVERY NIGHT I would put her to bed feeling like a total loser!

Thank goodness for this…

2 Corinthians 12:9
My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness.

I am FULL of weakness. I feel like some days I can’t get anything right! But I guess that is the point of having an amazing, omnipotent God. He is all-powerful! He doesn’t need us to be strong because HE is the strongest!

This verse has gotten me through many a night, as my daughter did the run-down of all my faults. Thankfully she has grown out of this & our relationship has survived! Haha! I think a lot of it was due to a new baby, a cute little sister, a little brother who demands a lot & her feeling weary of being “a big helper” all the time. She just needed a little recognition of her hard work, and some help from me in return…
Hmm… interesting! I completely understand that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment