Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Dish Diva


The Dish Diva

I’d like to say I’m not only the “laundry mistress”, but the “DISH DIVA” as well… but that would be a lie. I hate doing the dishes. I am terrible about keeping up with them & I usually do not.

My husband is a dish stickler. When we first got married, he would get so upset to come home & find dirty dishes (still there from days ago). He wasn’t mad at me, but he wasn’t happy either. He just is picky about the kitchen! Well, I’m clearly picky about the laundry. We discovered around this time that we each had a strength & a weakness here… let’s use them!!

So, as I post about the “DISH DIVA”, you should all know that it’s not me. It’s my husband! I do a few things to help out, but I’m not in charge. I guess it’s just another tip for big families! FIND WHAT WORKS! For us, it’s that I do the laundry & he does the dishes. Occasionally we help each other out when it’s really overwhelming or the other person has a lot of other stuff going on, but it has saved us from many an argument this way!

Now, the other thing that has recently saved us TIME is having our older children UNLOAD the dishes. Usually the boys take the top & the girls take the bottom. They do it as buddies, the oldest child helping the younger child. Also, after meals the older kids clear the table & my oldest daughter rinses all the dishes off.

So, while I’m not the dish diva, I do have respect for this one, because I have never been happier now that the pressure to keep a clean sink is off of me! I let it go & he loads when he gets home… even though it does make me feel good if I get to bless him by doing it before he walks in the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment