Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

LOSER MOMMY

Some days (ahem! Today!!) I feel like the biggest failure of all! It's days like this... when you don't get the dishes loaded, when your oldest child is your worst behaved, when your kid gets hurt, when you don't put the diapers in the dryer & realize one diaper too late... the list could go on & on for me today! I imagine a giant "L" on my forehead!

My brother is 21. He's single. He's childless. He's basically a rockstar! He's doing an internship/training/school thing right now that I would give almost anything to do... If I were minus 5 kids, that is!

Days like today aren't fun! I'm home changing poopy diapers... it is really easy to feel sorry for myself. I have a lot of stuff that could easily be negative! When we had our first, I was 19 & it was completely unexpected! We weren't married. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life (besides marry Michael- that part I knew). I could dwell on all the stuff I've had to sacrifice, or all the things I've missed out on, but what good is that?!

I'd prefer to not be miserable, thank you very much!! I have a little wooden lady that sits in my kitchen window. My mom gave it to me & on the front it says "When life gives you lemons... make sweet tea"! I love that. First of all, because I love sweet tea! Ha! Second, because it reminds me of my part in this!
Let's be honest- life didn't "give" me lemons! I picked them right off the tree myself! At times however, it feels like someone was throwing them at me, yelling "here! You want lemons?! How about lemonade?!" But if the lemons hurt so bad, why stay there & make lemonade! Just make sweet tea & move on!

I'm not gonna wish for all the things I COULD do! It's a waste of my time... literally! I got nothing done today because half my day was spent moping around, listening to the lies:
"you'll never do anything"
"you are a terrible mother"
"your kids are so out of control"
"wow, you really screwed things up"

Well, today I say NO MORE! I am walking in what God says about me- I am Holy, because He is Holy! I am created in HIS image! I can do ALL THINGS through Christ!
Yeah, maybe I have 5 kids & most days my house looks like a hurricane ripped through! Who cares! These are earthly possessions that won't matter anyway... Do I need to take care of the things God has given me- yes! But it's not the MOST important thing!

Happy children come from homes where the oven is filthy, the windows have finger prints, there are dishes in the sink... but there's more love & (in our case) laughter than they know what to do with!
I want to challenge you mommies to not miss out on the precious little years just because you spent all your time cleaning, doing laundry & feeling sorry for yourself! You are the one that was given these sweet babies- God thinks you can handle it! He thinks you are PERFECT for the job! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment