Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Freezer Meals

I've recently come across a GENIUS idea for my awesome family of 7... & just in time for the busy school year to begin!

FREEZER. MEALS.

I first found this PIN on Pinterest last week! This momma has 5 posts about the freezer meals she makes. My favorite ideas were the toddler smoothies & her AMAZING chicken broth "technique". Who knew you could freeze broth in ice cube trays?! So great!

Anyway, I am basically prepping my usual crockpot & casserole recipes, plus a few from above! I chop & cut all veggies, then label the gallon size ziploc bags, throw all the veggies in, followed by soups/broths & frozen chicken. Any meats that aren't frozen, I keep in a separate, labeled baggie.

It's really quite brilliant! The day I make it, just pull it out of the freezer, pop it in the crockpot & 6-8 hours later... it's done!

This weekend, I made:

* Shredded chicken (for tacos)
* Chicken broth
* Savory Chicken (above)
* Teriyaki Chicken (above)
* Turkey Tenderloin & Veggies
* Pot Roast & Veggies
* Toddler Smoothies (above)
* Crockpot Applesauce (from HERE)

Next week, I'm hoping to venture into some of my fall crockpot favorites like TACO SOUP, CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER, LASAGNA... mmmmm! I can't wait for FALL!

I feel so productive... & domestic! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment