Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Left Behind


I've been up early this morning & I just feel behind- on this day, in life. I know most people my age think I'm ahead & as far as having babies goes... let's face it, I probably win.

But today as I'm focusing on birthday parties & homeschool curriculum, filling sippy cups, putting diapers in the dryer, making lists, getting kids stuff ready for swim classes... I am conflicted.

What about the other things I want to do? Where do those fit in without compromising my expectations (on myself) as a mommy? Yes, I put that on myself, but I think if I'm gonna put unreal expectations on ANYTHING it should be motherhood. When I look back I don't want to see SO many things on one plate that being a mom took the back seat.

So, don't get me wrong. I am never wanting to compromise my responsibilities & dreams as a mom!
I just wonder when I will get to see my other dreams fulfilled. Things I've already begun, but can't seem to find time to finish...
Artwork
Music I've written
Children's books I've started
Childbirth educator certification

These are MY examples. They aren't much. They may seem strange.

BUT... These are things I care deeply about, that people often don't realize I want. I don't feel like they're impossible just because I have small children! These are easily tangible dreams... If I could ever get it all together! When will those things come? When will the dreams for things OTHER THAN motherhood begin to take their place?

Help me out mommas... do you ever feel like your "dreams" are getting left behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment