Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Top Ten... Lego Party

Yesterday was my big {almost} 7 year old's birthday party. We had a Lego party & it was super fun!

This was our first BOYS only party! And it was really my first big kid party. So, as I'm sure you can't wait any longer...

Top Ten Moments from the Lego Party:

1. When the first guest arrived. Efton yelled "they're here!", then hopped all the way to the door, and whipped the front door open. "Hey guys! Come on in!"

2. We played "Pin the Hat on the Lego Guy"... they all got the hat right on his head. For real! I couldn't spin them a few extra to make them more dizzy. They still nailed it! So now I know, "pin the whatever on the whoever" is apparently a game that ends at 6 year olds! Haha!

3. I don't give my kids candy. Either do most of our friends. So, I decided to pull out my ONE candy jar & let that be a prize for the games. (the winners also got a Lego trophy! Lol!) It was so funny though. They all cheered when the candy came out! Efton hadn't had candy since... who knows when!

4. We played the spoon relay where they had to carry a Lego on a spoon, pour it onto their partners spoon, & race back, without dropping the Lego. I'm not sure my favorite part of that- the boys dramatic reactions when they dropped the Lego & had to start over? Or their dramatic reactions when they won!

5. In that same game, came my favorite quote of the night. Our 9 yr old nephew wanted to put the spoon handle in his mouth & play like that! We told him it would be harder. His response? "it's ok Aunt Kourtney, I like to push myself!" HA!

6. We did a bridge building game. The winning team could put 10 big rocks from our landscaping on it when the tables on either side were 6 inches apart. It would bend, but never snapped! Amazing!

7. I put a lot of effort into the table decorations. As we came to the table to eat, Efton was so proud to show of my details! "check out what my mom made!" They were all impressed. It was quite rewarding!

8. Efton had been nervous about this one thing for days... I had covered juice boxes in Lego paper. So, they looked like Lego bricks! He was concerned that the other boys would think juice boxes were babyish. Well, as they sat down one of the bigger boys... a super cool 9 yr old... Says "sweet! We get juice boxes! & they look like Legos!" Efton looked at me & just smiled! He was so relieved!

9. Pizza, cheese cubes, grapes, juice boxes... by the time we got to cake & ice cream they were pretty full! As one little boy sat in front of his pile of ice cream, he looked at me & said "this sure is a lot!". Lol! When I assured him he wouldn't HAVE to eat it all, he sighed & had the biggest look of thankfulness! Thank God I won't have to eat all that ice cream!

10. After the obvious excitement of opening presents, Efton handed out goodie bags. The boys were thrilled! The best part was after that. They opened up their glow stick "light sabers". There's no better sight than 8 little boys running around a big back yard with glow stick light sabers! Just nothing better than that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment